Translation of ruddy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-dier, -diest)
- 1 (reddish) [cheeks/complexion/face] rubicundo; [glow/light/sunset/sky] rojizoExample sentences
- The guard's ruddy face flushed and he looked away.
- Brown eyes stare back at me from beneath black eyebrows above a ruddy face framed by thick black hair which melts into a long, well-groomed beard.
- I guess my face was all ruddy and my black hair covered in snow and ice even below the fur-hat, but I wasn't paying any attention to that.
- Camp was set up in short order and soon a blazing fire lit the face of the edifice in a ruddy, wavering light.
- His immediate impression was one of stifling heat and dim ruddy red light.
- The desert coast gave way to the low palms of the Nile delta, and the sea turned ruddy from the fresh water flow of the great river.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], [dated/anticuado], (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) maldito [colloquial/familiar], condenado [colloquial/familiar] where's my ruddy wallet? ¿dónde está mi maldita or condenada billetera? [colloquial/familiar] that was a ruddy stupid thing to do (as adverb/como adverbio) fue una solemne estupidezExample sentences
- On the same basis, skiers should be warned that those plank things on their feet could cause them to slide downhill rather rapidly and hangmen that their gallows were a bit unsafe because of that ruddy great trapdoor.
- I says to him, 'I'm not answering your bloody questions,' I says, 'I've already told your girl out there, I'm not going to ruddy St Mary's and that's that.'
- ‘If anything's broken, I'm telling you, you can ruddy well pay for it’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.