Translation of rude in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (impolite, bad-mannered) they were very rude about my cookinghicieron comentarios muy poco amables sobre la comida que había preparadoto be rude
tosomebodyser groserodon't be so rude to your grandmother conalguienno seas grosero con tu abuelashe was very rude to me
no le faltes al respeto a tu abuelafue or estuvo muy grosera conmigoit's rude to speak with your mouth fulles (de) mala educación hablar con la boca llenait was rude of him not to say hellofue una descortesía or una grosería de su parte no saludarExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (vulgar) (esp (British English) ) he said a rude word
- It is such short notice and it is awfully rude of me to inform you of this just now.
- I have also learned from other patients that it was not the first time the receptionist had been rude to patients.
- Noise, drunkenness, bad manners, rude and discourteous conduct and reckless driving will all raise their ugly heads, whatever we do.
dijo una grosería or una palabrota or una mala palabradijo una guarangada (River Plate area) [colloquial]
- Advertisers of pornographic content are prohibited from using rude words in the subject line of sexually explicit images.
- A couple, as well as a family of six, were subjected to these rude actions and many onlookers were shocked and disgusted at what they witnessed.
- I was once on a crowded Muni bus, wherein someone made a loud, rude, and embarrassing sound.
- 3 (harsh) that was a rude reminder that we're getting oldeso nos recordó cruelmente que estamos envejeciendo→ awakeningExample sentences
- But the dream, like all others, became harsh reality with a rude awakening.
- For many it will be a rude awakening and emphasise the need for a radical rethink before soccer's loss is another gain for a different form of sport, or worse still the sedentary armchair variety.
- It has been a singularly rude awakening for France and the country has embarked on a deep, soul-searching, introspection on how things could have gone so horribly wrong.
- 4 (robust) [literary]to be in rude healthgozar de muy buena salud
vender saludExample sentences
- It wasn't long before I caught a salmon - a fat fresh hen fish of about seven kilos, in such rude health that it took me the best part of half an hour to get it to the bank.
- A work that details every expression of lack of vigour in the different organs, limbs and brain of the body politic, therefore, paradoxically leaves a general impression of rude health.
- The horse has bounced back to rude health lately, winning at Ayr and Pontefract in the style of a rejuvenated character.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.