Translation of rudiment in Spanish:
noun/nombre (rudiments plural)
- 1.1 (first principles) rudimentos (masculine plural), nociones (feminine plural) elementales 1.2 [Biology/Biología] rudimento (masculine)Example sentences
- It neglects the fact that although the rudiments of a task can be picked up quite soon, skills take time to develop, and the process is inhibited by too many job changes, compulsory task rotations, or rapid staff turnover.
- Teaching pupils the rudiments of double-blind tests, clinical trial methods and general principles of factoring studies for other influences would clear these scientific confusions.
- They might just about have grasped the rudiments of e-mail, but they haven't a clue about the new media.
- It has rudiments of the limb girdles, but no fins.
- All fetuses from whom the testis rudiment had been removed developed as though they were female, as also did those from whom the developing ovary was removed.
- A small posterior element in this limb may be a rudiment of the fifth metacarpal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.