- 1 1.1 (collar) gorguera (f)More example sentences1.2 (on animal, bird) collar (m)
More example sentences
- As low necklines gave way to ruffs of starched lace, enameled gold and jeweled necklaces hung to the waist and below on men and women alike.
- Throughout Lady Rebecca regaled members with interesting titbits and explanations of why the Elizabethans wore shifts, fur trimming, cuffs and ruffs, etc.
- In Elizabethan times the roots were dried and crushed and the powder was mixed with water and used to stiffen the ruffs worn by the gentry.
- The tail has a dark band at the end, with a lighter tip, which, like the dark ruff around the neck, is evident when fanned open.
- In addition, bicolors have a white ruff, white legs and feet and may have patches of white on their bodies.
- Bird feathers used in mate attraction may form huge crests, ruffs, or tails: the male peacock tail is a case in point.
- 2 (in cards) triunfo (m)More example sentences
- It is often bad to lead the second round of hearts, because of the danger of giving a ruff and discard to the opponents, since there are only six cards in the suit.
- This strategy suits hands which look to be strong in honour cards or have a long suit that may be run through without ruffs by the opponent.
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.