Translation of ruffle in Spanish:
- 1 countable (frill)Example sentences
- The garment is often trimmed with lace, ruffles, bows and ribbons, optionally with spaghetti straps.
- Scalloped edges, lace and ruffles infuse the clothes with motion and make for an exciting silhouette.
- He wore pitch-black pants and a black shirt with understated ruffles at the neck and sleeves.
- 1 (disturb, mess)(feathers)
- He grinned contentedly as he ruffled my already tangled hair.
- In the end, Lady Eleanor settled for a tender, parting kiss on each boy's forehead, affectionately ruffling his hair as she did so.
- There was a static snap as the television turned on and Reid walked back, ruffling my hair affectionately as he swept past me and into the next room.
- As when a breeze ruffles the surface of a reflecting pool, ripples ran rapidly across her vision, momentarily distorting the figures.
- A strong breeze ruffles the surface of the lake.
- A light onshore breeze ruffled the surface of the bay, a few feet away I watched a turkey buzzard or vulture fly by.
- 2 (irritate, upset) to ruffle somebody's prideherir el orgullo de alguienExample sentences
- I was ruffled and quickly reacted by sending up the windows.
- I was briefly ruffled, because few things are held as closely and protectively as one's musical preferences.
- Yet she has never allowed petty jealousies to ruffle her.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.