- 1.1 (jagged, rough) [rocks/mountains/coast] escarpado; [terrain] accidentado, escabroso 1.2 (tough) [construction/engine] fuerte, resistente; [determination/willpower] inquebrantable; [conditions/existence] duroMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (strong-featured) [face] de facciones duras
- Uninitiated onlookers could be forgiven for thinking that maybe the wearer had crawled or climbed over a barbed wire fence that took its toll upon the rugged garment.
- These fences are fairly rugged and can withstand a variety of weather conditions, but they require periodic maintenance.
- It needs to be rugged enough to withstand travel and fashionable enough to be able to bring into a business meeting.
More example sentences1.4 (unrefined) [manners/style] tosco, basto
- And behind the sparkle lies the rugged determination that has made her what she is today.
- And although the rugby was not classic it was rugged and determined in an entertaining end to end game.
- Even that ultimate symbol of rugged individualism, the cowboy, is an endangered species.
More example sentences
- As a young man he set out to be one of the rugged men of action whose courage and daring his novels celebrate.
- We reached the monastery by mid-morning, and the same rugged fellow who had been good enough to carry my little pack knocked heavily on the door.
- He's a rugged man and will show people with his powerful biceps.
- You can picture the rugged terrain of rocky beaches and stony slopes with ancient smouldering volcanoes standing guard over antique vines.
- This trip has it all - breathtaking views on many different summits, cave adventures, and rocky and rugged terrain.
- Moreover, experienced contractors working in rugged terrain will carefully choose the worst ground for the day shift, reserving the better-going for night.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.