Translation of rugged in Spanish:
- 1.1 (jagged, rough) [rocks/mountains/coast] escarpado; [terrain] accidentado, escabroso 1.2 (tough) [construction/engine] fuerte, resistente; [determination/willpower] inquebrantable; [conditions/existence] duroExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (strong-featured) [face] de facciones duras
- Uninitiated onlookers could be forgiven for thinking that maybe the wearer had crawled or climbed over a barbed wire fence that took its toll upon the rugged garment.
- These fences are fairly rugged and can withstand a variety of weather conditions, but they require periodic maintenance.
- It needs to be rugged enough to withstand travel and fashionable enough to be able to bring into a business meeting.
Example sentences1.4 (unrefined) [manners/style] tosco, basto
- And behind the sparkle lies the rugged determination that has made her what she is today.
- And although the rugby was not classic it was rugged and determined in an entertaining end to end game.
- Even that ultimate symbol of rugged individualism, the cowboy, is an endangered species.
- As a young man he set out to be one of the rugged men of action whose courage and daring his novels celebrate.
- We reached the monastery by mid-morning, and the same rugged fellow who had been good enough to carry my little pack knocked heavily on the door.
- He's a rugged man and will show people with his powerful biceps.
- You can picture the rugged terrain of rocky beaches and stony slopes with ancient smouldering volcanoes standing guard over antique vines.
- This trip has it all - breathtaking views on many different summits, cave adventures, and rocky and rugged terrain.
- Moreover, experienced contractors working in rugged terrain will carefully choose the worst ground for the day shift, reserving the better-going for night.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.