- 1 (leader) gobernante (mf); (sovereign) soberano, (m,f)More example sentences
- Luanda on the Angola coast was a Portuguese town from which they tried to exercise control over African rulers inland.
- Hence the exercise of the ruler's authority could be decisive in determining the outcome of local rivalries.
- In February workers overthrew the dictatorial ruler, the Tsar.
- 2 (measure) regla (feminine)More example sentences
- I then showed them how to use a white pencil to trace circles of various sizes and straight lines with rulers.
- Using the metal ruler as a straight edge cut 10 1-inch right triangles with the craft knife.
- The size of swelling and redness were measured with a plastic ruler, while the child's reaction to movement of the limb or to touch of the site was graded with a standard scale.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.