- 1 (leader) gobernante (masculine and feminine); (sovereign) soberano, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Luanda on the Angola coast was a Portuguese town from which they tried to exercise control over African rulers inland.
- Hence the exercise of the ruler's authority could be decisive in determining the outcome of local rivalries.
- In February workers overthrew the dictatorial ruler, the Tsar.
- 2 (measure) regla (feminine)More example sentences
- I then showed them how to use a white pencil to trace circles of various sizes and straight lines with rulers.
- Using the metal ruler as a straight edge cut 10 1-inch right triangles with the craft knife.
- The size of swelling and redness were measured with a plastic ruler, while the child's reaction to movement of the limb or to touch of the site was graded with a standard scale.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.