nouncountable or uncountable
- light o (British English) white rumron blancoExample sentences
- As for the cocktails - gins, rums, vodkas and whiskeys mix effortlessly with exotic Indian and eastern fruits and flavours, the perfect balance of two cultures.
- Drinks range from fine rums and whiskies to brandy, while art works and coffee table books add to an ambience of exclusive sophistication.
- While flavors are all the rage in both vodkas and rums, the market for each spirit type differs.
- (British English) (archaic or dialect)Example sentences
- It's certainly a rum old place, this Brave New World.
- Someone had decided to cajole this rum collection of musicians into an all-hands-to-the-pump version of John Lennon's Across the Universe.
- Since time immemorial man has caught fish and whales, but in the past three decades a rum situation has emerged.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.