- 1 (sound) ruido (m) sordo; (of thunder) estruendo (m); (of stomach) ruido (m) de tripas [familiar/colloquial] a rumble of disapproval un murmullo de desaprobaciónMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Grey clouds rolled in from the south, deep rumbles of thunder accompanying them.
- The deep rumble sounded again and this time, the entire place shook.
- I could hear the distant rumble of thunder in the background but all sound was lost to my ears as Darius walked in.
- Ponyboy looks at the other boys who join his gang for the rumble.
- The rumble was quickly controlled by nearby officers and my attention returned to more important matters.
- Tensions and emotions ran high as both gangs headed for the chosen rumble spot at the football field.
- 2 (fight) (AmE) [sl & dated], pelea (f)
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.
- [guns/drums] hacer* un ruido sordo; [thunder] retumbar my stomach's rumbling me suenan las tripas [familiar/colloquial] a truck rumbled past un camión pasó con gran estruendoMore example sentences
- The clouds remained, lightning continued to strike, and thunder continued to rumble, but there was no rain.
- Lightning struck and thunder rumbled all around us.
- Instantaneously, the sky darkened, thunder rumbled, and lightning flashed.
- (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], descubrir*; [person] calar [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- Just when it looked like we had rumbled them, they perpetrated on us probably the greatest political confidence trick of the century.
- What if he knows Mick's upstairs, what if he's rumbled our game?
- He collected R4000 in wedding gifts - but a suspicious guest rumbled him and the game was up.