Translation of rummage in Spanish:
- he rummaged among those old booksrebuscó or hurgó entre esos libros viejosI rummaged in my pockets for my keyshurgué en mis bolsillos buscando las llavesme esculqué los bolsillos para encontrar las llaves (Colombia) (Mexico)I rummaged through the cupboards trying to find ithurgué en los armarios buscándoloesculqué los armarios buscándolo (Colombia) (Mexico)she rummaged around or about in the drawerrevolvió (en) or hurgó en el cajón
- 1 (action) (no plural) I had a rummage through my old thingsrebusqué entre mis cosas viejasExample sentences
- Set in a depressing flat on a south London estate, teenager Luke rummages down the back of a grubby sofa in a fruitless search for something.
- Now and again he has a good rummage though his bookshelf to see what he can find, and at the moment he's reading a book of Robert Browning's poetry.
- He went for a walk on the roof, for a rummage in a bin then went back on to the roof.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.