Translation of rummage in Spanish:
- he rummaged among those old booksI rummaged in my pockets for my keysrebuscó or hurgó entre esos libros viejosI rummaged through the cupboards trying to find ithurgué en mis bolsillos buscando las llavesme esculqué los bolsillos para encontrar las llaves (Colombia) (Mexico)she rummaged around o about in the drawerhurgué en or (Colombia) (Mexico) esculqué los armarios buscándolorevolvió (en) or hurgó en el cajón
- 1.1 (action) (no plural) I had a rummage through my old things1.2 uncountable (odds and ends)rebusqué entre mis cosas viejas(American English)cosas (feminine plural) viejasExample sentences
- Set in a depressing flat on a south London estate, teenager Luke rummages down the back of a grubby sofa in a fruitless search for something.
- Now and again he has a good rummage though his bookshelf to see what he can find, and at the moment he's reading a book of Robert Browning's poetry.
- He went for a walk on the roof, for a rummage in a bin then went back on to the roof.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than