Translation of rump in Spanish:
- 1 countable (of horse)grupa (feminine)
ancas (feminine plural)(of bird) rabadilla (feminine)Example sentences
- They have a strongly undulating flight pattern, and they can be easily identified in flight by this pattern and their prominent white rumps.
- Their bellies and flanks are white, and their rumps are black.
- In flight, they show gray and white underwings, solid gray upperwings, white rumps, and gray tails.
- 3 countable (bottom) [colloquial] [humorous]trasero (masculine) [colloquial]
culo (masculine) [colloquial] [in some regions vulgar]
traste (masculine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Perhaps the end of our affair with TV chefs will mean we actually get off our rumps to make a bit more effort in the kitchen.
- He finally allows his eyes to wander over the rumps of his female colleagues.
- The strong hand around his thick neck loosened and his rump landed on the ground.
- 4 countable (remnant) the rump of the defeated armylo que quedaba del ejército derrotadothere was just a rump leftquedaban solo unos pocosExample sentences
- Meanwhile he ruled over a French rump state based in the spa town of Vichy.
- The new Liberal Unionist group he attached himself to never made it up with the rump of the Liberal Party, and eventually allied with the Conservatives.
- A rump force of 200 is holed up in a town near the Iranian border.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.