- 1.1 countable/numerable (of horse) grupa (f), ancas (fpl); (of bird) rabadilla (f)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] cadera (f), cuadril (m) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) (before noun/delante del nombre) rump steak filete (m) de cadera, churrasco (m) de cuadril (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) 1.3 countable/numerable (bottom) [colloquial, humorous/familiar, humorístico] trasero (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], culo (masculine) [colloquial; in some regions vulgar/familiar; en algunas regiones vulgar], traste (masculine) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences1.4 countable/numerable (remnant) resto (masculine) the rump of the defeated army lo que quedaba del ejército derrotado there was just a rump left quedaban solo unos pocos
- They have a strongly undulating flight pattern, and they can be easily identified in flight by this pattern and their prominent white rumps.
- Their bellies and flanks are white, and their rumps are black.
- In flight, they show gray and white underwings, solid gray upperwings, white rumps, and gray tails.
More example sentences
- Perhaps the end of our affair with TV chefs will mean we actually get off our rumps to make a bit more effort in the kitchen.
- He finally allows his eyes to wander over the rumps of his female colleagues.
- The strong hand around his thick neck loosened and his rump landed on the ground.
- Meanwhile he ruled over a French rump state based in the spa town of Vichy.
- The new Liberal Unionist group he attached himself to never made it up with the rump of the Liberal Party, and eventually allied with the Conservatives.
- A rump force of 200 is holed up in a town near the Iranian border.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.