Translation of rump in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (of horse)ancas (feminine plural)(of bird)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (Cookery) 1.3 countable (bottom) [colloquial] [humorous]
Example sentences1.4 countable (remnant) the rump of the defeated army
- They have a strongly undulating flight pattern, and they can be easily identified in flight by this pattern and their prominent white rumps.
- Their bellies and flanks are white, and their rumps are black.
- In flight, they show gray and white underwings, solid gray upperwings, white rumps, and gray tails.
there was just a rump leftlo que quedaba del ejército derrotadoquedaban solo unos pocosExample sentences
- Perhaps the end of our affair with TV chefs will mean we actually get off our rumps to make a bit more effort in the kitchen.
- He finally allows his eyes to wander over the rumps of his female colleagues.
- The strong hand around his thick neck loosened and his rump landed on the ground.
- Meanwhile he ruled over a French rump state based in the spa town of Vichy.
- The new Liberal Unionist group he attached himself to never made it up with the rump of the Liberal Party, and eventually allied with the Conservatives.
- A rump force of 200 is holed up in a town near the Iranian border.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than