Translation of rump in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (of horse) grupa (feminine), ancas (feminine plural); (of bird) rabadilla (feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] cadera (feminine), cuadril (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) 1.3 countable/numerable (bottom) [colloquial/familiar] [humorous/humorístico] trasero (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], culo (masculine) [colloquial/familiar] [en algunas regiones vulg], traste (masculine) [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.4 countable/numerable (remnant) resto (masculine) the rump of the defeated army lo que quedaba del ejército derrotado there was just a rump left quedaban solo unos pocos
- They have a strongly undulating flight pattern, and they can be easily identified in flight by this pattern and their prominent white rumps.
- Their bellies and flanks are white, and their rumps are black.
- In flight, they show gray and white underwings, solid gray upperwings, white rumps, and gray tails.
- Perhaps the end of our affair with TV chefs will mean we actually get off our rumps to make a bit more effort in the kitchen.
- He finally allows his eyes to wander over the rumps of his female colleagues.
- The strong hand around his thick neck loosened and his rump landed on the ground.
- Meanwhile he ruled over a French rump state based in the spa town of Vichy.
- The new Liberal Unionist group he attached himself to never made it up with the rump of the Liberal Party, and eventually allied with the Conservatives.
- A rump force of 200 is holed up in a town near the Iranian border.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an