Translation of runner bean in Spanish:
- (esp British)habichuela (feminine)
judía (feminine) verde (Spain)
poroto (masculine) verde (Chile)
chaucha (feminine) (Río de la Plata)
vainita (feminine) (Venezuela)
ejote (masculine) (Mexico)Example sentences
- In return I have been given two dahlia seedlings (colour unknown!) which I have potted up and put in the cold frame, and been offered a runner bean plant.
- Bean originally meant the seed of the fava bean (old world), but was later broadened to include members of the genus Phaseolus (new world) such as the common bean or haricot and the runner bean and the related genus Vigna.
- Some of the varieties newly launched this year include Carrot ‘Resistafly’ (which does just what the name suggests), a slug resistant range of potatoes and a golden-leaved runner bean called ‘Sunbright’.
- My soup was laden with cream and had fresh courgette, broccoli and runner beans bobbing to the surface which added to the satisfying flavour.
- The West Coast poached salmon had travelled a little further but was delicious, although the carrots, runner beans and courgettes accompanying it were a little slushy.
- It can take a whopping 23,654 miles of global travel before a combination of carrots, runner beans, chicken, mange tout and potatoes arrive in homes here.
Definition of runner bean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.