- 1.1 [Aviat] pista (f) or (Chi tb) cancha (f) de aterrizaje (before n) runway lights luces (fpl) or balizas (fpl) de la pista de aterrizajeMore example sentences1.2 (for fashion models) (AmE) pasarela (f)
More example sentences
- Abandoning mixed mode, which means aircraft land on alternate runways, giving people in west London respite for a few hours in the afternoon, was not mentioned in the consultation.
- The EuroCeltic spokesman said he had spoken to the pilot and had been told that the aircraft aquaplaned along the runway before part of it tipped over into the sea.
- The Boeing 777 from Pakistan was taxiing along the runway after landing when the blaze started.
- Theirs is not a fashion-show erotic strut down the runway.
- He and model of the moment Lilli strut down the runway to a chunky house bassline.
- To be a world-class runway supermodel you have to know how to throw attitude and apparently in her case - telephones.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.