- 1.1 [Aviation/Aviación] pista (feminine) or (in Chile also/en Chile también) cancha (feminine) de aterrizaje (before noun/delante del nombre) runway lights luces (fpl) or balizas (fpl) de la pista de aterrizajeMore example sentences1.2 (for fashion models) (American English/inglés norteamericano) pasarela (feminine)
More example sentences
- Abandoning mixed mode, which means aircraft land on alternate runways, giving people in west London respite for a few hours in the afternoon, was not mentioned in the consultation.
- The EuroCeltic spokesman said he had spoken to the pilot and had been told that the aircraft aquaplaned along the runway before part of it tipped over into the sea.
- The Boeing 777 from Pakistan was taxiing along the runway after landing when the blaze started.
- Theirs is not a fashion-show erotic strut down the runway.
- He and model of the moment Lilli strut down the runway to a chunky house bassline.
- To be a world-class runway supermodel you have to know how to throw attitude and apparently in her case - telephones.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an