Translation of runway in Spanish:
- 1 (Aviation)pista (feminine) de aterrizaje(before noun) runway lights
( (Chile) tb) cancha (feminine) de aterrizajeluces (feminine plural) de la pista de aterrizaje
balizas (feminine plural) de la pista de aterrizajeExample sentences
- Abandoning mixed mode, which means aircraft land on alternate runways, giving people in west London respite for a few hours in the afternoon, was not mentioned in the consultation.
- The EuroCeltic spokesman said he had spoken to the pilot and had been told that the aircraft aquaplaned along the runway before part of it tipped over into the sea.
- The Boeing 777 from Pakistan was taxiing along the runway after landing when the blaze started.
- 2 (for fashion models) (American English)Example sentences
- Theirs is not a fashion-show erotic strut down the runway.
- He and model of the moment Lilli strut down the runway to a chunky house bassline.
- To be a world-class runway supermodel you have to know how to throw attitude and apparently in her case - telephones.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.