Translation of rust in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on metal)Example sentences1.2 (color)
de color orín
- A blackened heap of rust and iron, the old stove sat in the corner of the living room.
- The Juliana bases are constructed of a galvanized steel to resist rust and decay.
- The presence of rust and corrosion indicates possible moisture invasion and a potential electrical hazard.
de color óxido or herrumbreExample sentences
- The turbulent gray and rust coloured swirls of gas are truly awesome.
- Or how about cracking open a crab and stuffing its white and rust coloured meat into a baguette with watercress, mustard and cress and lamb lettuce and dressed with lime juice.
- Earthy tones such as rust, brown, beige, khaki, and tan are not only the coziest colors you can decorate your apartment in, but they're also in style right now.
- 2 (Botany)roya (feminine)Example sentences
- Many rust diseases are very specialized and have just one or two hosts.
- Leaf rust and stem rust can be serious problems in irrigated winter wheat.
- Stripe rust and leaf rust continue to develop in the southern plains.
- All vehicles in the town had to stay there until they rusted away.
- The source of the oil is unknown and is thought to have possibly sprung from an old wreck lying on the seabed which has rusted away.
- Without the right protection, the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz would have rusted away.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Rust Belt
El nombre coloquial de la región central de EEUU ( Midwest) y los estados del norte, donde han cerrado gran parte de las fábricas. Algunas de sus antiguas industrias, tales como la del acero, ya casi han desparecido y muchos trabajadores se han trasladado al → Sunbelt.