Translation of rust in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on metal)Example sentences1.2 (color)
de color orín
- A blackened heap of rust and iron, the old stove sat in the corner of the living room.
- The Juliana bases are constructed of a galvanized steel to resist rust and decay.
- The presence of rust and corrosion indicates possible moisture invasion and a potential electrical hazard.
de color óxido or herrumbreExample sentences
- The turbulent gray and rust coloured swirls of gas are truly awesome.
- Or how about cracking open a crab and stuffing its white and rust coloured meat into a baguette with watercress, mustard and cress and lamb lettuce and dressed with lime juice.
- Earthy tones such as rust, brown, beige, khaki, and tan are not only the coziest colors you can decorate your apartment in, but they're also in style right now.
- 2 (Botany)roya (feminine)Example sentences
- Many rust diseases are very specialized and have just one or two hosts.
- Leaf rust and stem rust can be serious problems in irrigated winter wheat.
- Stripe rust and leaf rust continue to develop in the southern plains.
- All vehicles in the town had to stay there until they rusted away.
- The source of the oil is unknown and is thought to have possibly sprung from an old wreck lying on the seabed which has rusted away.
- Without the right protection, the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz would have rusted away.
Cultural Note: Rust Belt
El nombre coloquial de la región central de EEUU ( Midwest) y los estados del norte, donde han cerrado gran parte de las fábricas. Algunas de sus antiguas industrias, tales como la del acero, ya casi han desparecido y muchos trabajadores se han trasladado al → Sunbelt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.