- (groove) to be in a rutI changed jobs because I felt I was in a rutcambié de trabajo porque me di cuenta de que me estaba anquilosandoit's very easy to get into a rutes muy fácil estancarse en la rutina or volverse rutinarioyou need to get out of your ruttienes que salir de esa rutina sofocanteExample sentences
- This resulted in deep ruts and heavy vehicle tyre tracks leaving it looking like a ploughed field.
- Trees have been removed and deep wheel ruts can be seen among the overgrown weeds.
- It was winter and the delta was full when they found themselves on the notorious Swamp Road, a 25 km sticky, muddy and unpredictable mess of tracks and axle deep ruts.
- uncountable (Zoology)Example sentences
- Kidney mass thus increases in males from the stressful rut period in early winter to the summer months.
- Her father had often warned her to stay clear of male animals in rut, for they were dangerous.
- Guarding males are thought to forage less during the rut than do nonguarding males, possibly leading to greater fitness costs.
intransitive verb -tt-
- estar en celoExample sentences
- Figure 3 shows mass change for bighorn rams 1 year and older in relation to the proportion of time spent in rutting activities during the rut from 2000-2002.
- The sparring between bulls during rutting season can be extremely violent.
- With only a couple of exceptions, rutting activity is finished or nearly so.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.