Translation of rye in Spanish:
- 1.1 (plant, grain) centeno (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2rye (bread) pan (masculine) de centeno 1.3rye (whiskey) whisky (masculine) de centeno
- Cereals include wheat, rice, barley, oats, rye, maize, millet, and sorghum, all of which have been used as food since prehistoric times, and cultivated since antiquity.
- Monotony came from the self-sufficiency of small farms; since bread was the staple food, most farms grew wheat, along with other cereals like rye, oat, buckwheat, maize and barley.
- Wheat, barley, rice, rye, oats, millet and corn are the world's top food crops.
- Bread made from rye flour with all the bran removed is pale grey.
- The product is whole grain if the first ingredient is whole grain, whole wheat or rye (plain wheat flour is not whole grain).
- The basis of the Mordvin economy was cereal agriculture, and the staples of the Mordvin diet were bread made from rye flour, as well as oats and barley.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to