Translation of sacred in Spanish:
- 1.1 (blessed, holy) [ground/site/animal] sagrado to swear by all that's sacred jurar por lo más sagrado sacred
tosb/sth consagrado aalgn/algo a temple sacred to Apollo un templo consagrado a Apolo sacred to the memory of … consagrado or dedicado a la memoria de … is nothing sacred any more? ¿ya no se respeta nada?Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (with religious subject) [text] sagrado; [music] sacro
- It is a work dedicated essentially to the greatness of the god Viu and is, therefore, particularly sacred to Vaiavas, worshippers of Viu.
- Indeed, every cooking bowl in Jerusalem and throughout Judah would be sacred to God.
- We mark that this day was sacred to the goddess Venus, to whom the Phoenicians consecrated the fish.
- Cows are regarded as sacred animals in my religion.
- Everyone should respect whatever is held sacred by any other individual.
- A rare ritual burial of four horses has been discovered in an area experts regard as a sacred landscape surrounding one of the most important prehistoric sites in the North of England.
- Music, sacred or secular, was one of his greatest pleasures.
- The choir's repertoire includes sacred and secular music ranging from the 16th century to the present day and in a wide range of musical styles and languages.
- The special advent choral concert will be conducted by Peter Frost and includes sacred and secular music from early and modern composers.
- States have constitutions, political parties their manifestos and religions have sacred texts to guide their policies and action from time to time.
- I'm absolutely sure about that and it's in all the literature in the ancient, sacred writings of all religions.
- For instance, the sacred texts of many religions offer compelling narratives which, at their best, can promote ethical reflection and a sense of shared experience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.