- 1.1 (sorrowfully) [smile/speak] tristemente, con tristeza the flowers drooped sadly in their pots las flores languidecían en las macetasMore example sentences1.2 (regrettably) the garden had been sadly neglected habían descuidado el jardín de manera lamentable he is sadly lacking in tact lamentablemente no tiene nada de tacto you are sadly mistaken estás totalmente equivocado, cometes un grave error 1.3 (unfortunately) (indep) lamentablemente, desgraciadamente sadly, he doesn't have the experience lamentablemente, no tiene experiencia
More example sentences
- Near the end of the meal I looked up at my two brilliant companions and smiled sadly and shyly.
- They started dancing, and I smiled sadly, wishing I had a relationship even half as wonderful as theirs.
- I look up at him and he's smiling so sadly that tears cloud my eyes before I can even look down.
- I myself have long hoped to be a minion to Cruella Deville, but sadly my youthful dreams have been to no avail.
- I pity their unhappy lives, but sadly there isn't a terrible great deal I can do to get them out and away from it.
- And sadly, it's not terribly different from what is actually being done in some churches.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Argentina (Día de la Independencia)