Translation of sadly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sorrowfully)(smile/speak)the flowers drooped sadly in their pots
con tristezalas flores languidecían en las macetasExample sentences1.2 (regrettably) the garden had been sadly neglected
habían descuidado el jardín de manera lamentablehe is sadly lacking in tactlamentablemente no tiene nada de tactoyou are sadly mistakenestás totalmente equivocado1.3 (unfortunately) (sentence adv) sadly, he doesn't have the experience
- Near the end of the meal I looked up at my two brilliant companions and smiled sadly and shyly.
- They started dancing, and I smiled sadly, wishing I had a relationship even half as wonderful as theirs.
- I look up at him and he's smiling so sadly that tears cloud my eyes before I can even look down.
cometes un grave errorExample sentences
- I myself have long hoped to be a minion to Cruella Deville, but sadly my youthful dreams have been to no avail.
- I pity their unhappy lives, but sadly there isn't a terrible great deal I can do to get them out and away from it.
- And sadly, it's not terribly different from what is actually being done in some churches.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.