Translation of safe in Spanish:
adjective safer, safest
- 1 1.1 (secure from danger) (predicative) the money will be safe here his reputation is safesu reputación está a salvoyou are not safe herecorres peligro aquíkeep these documents safeguarda estos documentos en un lugar seguroyour secret is safe with mepuedes confiar en que guardaré tu secretoto be safe
fromsomebody/somethingat least we're safe from the threat of dismissalpor lo menos no corremos peligro de que nos despidanwe'll be safe from prying eyes/from him hereaquí estaremos a salvo de curiosos/de élshe's safe from any immediate dangerestá fuera de peligro inmediatono one is safe from her sharp tonguenadie está a salvo or nadie se salva de su lengua mordazsafe pair of handspersona en la que se puede confiarExample sentences1.2 (unharmed) (predicative) they were found safe and well o safe and sound
los encontraron sanos y salvosthank God you're safegracias a Dios no te ha pasado nadaall the passengers are safeningún pasajero resultó herido
- I hope and pray that the friends and family who mean so much to Sherry have survived and are safe from harm.
- At least here, they are safe from the dangers of everyday life in the worst of areas.
- Now safe from harm, he and his parents continued their journey and when they arrived in Timnah the lovers looked at each other and were pleased.
todos los pasajeros resultaron ilesosExample sentences1.3 (offering protection)
(haven/refuge)keep the medicine in a safe place
- Civilian employers are concerned about your welfare and want you to return home safe and sound.
- Fortunately the missing person turned up, safe and sound, and the boat returned to its station.
- There is still time to hand in photographs all of which will be returned safely to their owners safe and sound.
seguroguarde la medicina en (un) lugar seguroExample sentences
- With two out of every three deaths in Iraq caused by diarrhoea and respiratory infections, a safe supply of clean water is crucial to child survival.
- Because of this we decide that the water was safe enough to clean up in and drink.
- Fact: the vast majority of Scotland's coastal waters are clean and safe for bathing.
- They say they chose the location for its outstanding beauty and the fact that it affords a safe place for their children to play.
- A civil order status, on the other hand, would imply that the area was safe, with security affairs controlled by the police.
- You see, Margo, most people want a job, house mortgage rates they can afford, a safe environment for their children.
- 2 (not dangerous) that ladder isn't very safeesa escalera no es muy segurais the water safe to drink?¿se puede beber el agua sin peligro?do you think it's safe to go out now?¿crees que ya no hay peligro y se puede salir?have a safe journey(que tengas) buen viaje
- 3 (not risky)(investment)he's a very safe driver it's a pretty safe bet that he will win
sin riesgo(de) seguro que gana élit's safe to say that …se puede decir sin temor a equivocarse que …they opted for the safe choicefueron a lo seguroa safe seat (Politics)(una circunscripción donde la victoria está prácticamente asegurada)buy six bottles to be on the safe sidecompra seis botellas para que no vaya a faltar or para mayor seguridadwe'd better leave at four o'clock to be on the safe sidemejor salgamos a las cuatro por si acaso or por las dudasbetter (to be) safe than sorry → play 2 5 2
- 1 (for valuables) (before noun) safe cracker o (British English) breakerExample sentences
- Another successful selling point Abrams uses is the discounts many insurance companies give to customers who purchase fireproof safes for their valuables.
- Personakey's Touch Open locking storage cases and safes are nothing short of amazing.
- But not so lucky were files, plans and tapes stored in a fireproof cabinet and safe in Manhattan.
- 2 (condom)(American English) [colloquial]
globo (masculine) [colloquial]
paracaídas (masculine) [colloquial]
forro (masculine) (River Plate area) [colloquial]Example sentences
- According to the ad, ‘Julius Schmind would like to give you some straight talk about condoms, rubbers, sheaths, safes, French letters, storkstoppers.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.