Translation of safe conduct in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (protection) protección (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (document) salvoconducto (masculine)
- Despite a guarantee of safe conduct, Nagy was arrested and deported to Romania.
- Despite an apparently ironclad guarantee of safe conduct, he was arrested, imprisoned and burnt at the stake on July 6, 1415.
- Hungary was invaded by troops of the Warsaw Pact on 4 November and, despite guarantees of safe conduct, he was arrested by KGB troops.
- Access to work and ration cards meant getting identity cards and safe conducts which involved certificates of ‘good behaviour’ from local Falangist officials and parish priests.
- They were given safe conducts though inevitably numbers were set upon and robbed.
- These took the form of a safe conduct pass signed by a senior commander.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas