Translation of safe conduct in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (protection) protección (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (document) salvoconducto (masculine)
- Despite a guarantee of safe conduct, Nagy was arrested and deported to Romania.
- Despite an apparently ironclad guarantee of safe conduct, he was arrested, imprisoned and burnt at the stake on July 6, 1415.
- Hungary was invaded by troops of the Warsaw Pact on 4 November and, despite guarantees of safe conduct, he was arrested by KGB troops.
- Access to work and ration cards meant getting identity cards and safe conducts which involved certificates of ‘good behaviour’ from local Falangist officials and parish priests.
- They were given safe conducts though inevitably numbers were set upon and robbed.
- These took the form of a safe conduct pass signed by a senior commander.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the