- 1.1 [Botany/Botánica] [Cookery/Cocina] azafrán (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) saffron rice arroz (masculine) con or al azafránMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (color) color (masculine) azafrán; (before noun/delante del nombre) [robe/dress] color azafrán (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable); [hue] azafranado
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, saffron, raisins and their water with sea salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the chicken, onions, cilantro, saffron, cinnamon, butter, oil, gum arabic, and water to a boil.
- It is not normally found in food but - when illegally added - can increase weight and colour of spices such as chilli peppers, saffron, curry powder and paprika.
More example sentences
- One of the most special of the autumn flowering crocus is Crocus sativus, the saffron crocus.
- But you can actually buy and grow your saffron crocus, Crocus sativus.
- For example, we learn how the autumn-flowering saffron crocus, which produces the most expensive spice in the world, used to earn its British growers huge fortunes in the 16th century.
- It has the familiar, but always appealing, indigo and saffron colour scheme and wooden floor of many modern restaurants.
- She, with her saffron robes and shaven head, embodies and personifies hard-core Hindutva without, at this late stage of her public career, having to make vitriolic speeches.
- A vest that can be worn underneath a monk's saffron robes and tested to withstand a round from a powerful handgun retails for abound 200 U.S. dollars.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.