- 1.1 [Bot] [Culin] azafrán (m) (before n) saffron rice arroz (m) con or al azafránMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (color) color (m) azafrán; (before n) [robe/dress] color azafrán (adj inv); [hue] azafranado
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, saffron, raisins and their water with sea salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the chicken, onions, cilantro, saffron, cinnamon, butter, oil, gum arabic, and water to a boil.
- It is not normally found in food but - when illegally added - can increase weight and colour of spices such as chilli peppers, saffron, curry powder and paprika.
More example sentences
- One of the most special of the autumn flowering crocus is Crocus sativus, the saffron crocus.
- But you can actually buy and grow your saffron crocus, Crocus sativus.
- For example, we learn how the autumn-flowering saffron crocus, which produces the most expensive spice in the world, used to earn its British growers huge fortunes in the 16th century.
- It has the familiar, but always appealing, indigo and saffron colour scheme and wooden floor of many modern restaurants.
- She, with her saffron robes and shaven head, embodies and personifies hard-core Hindutva without, at this late stage of her public career, having to make vitriolic speeches.
- A vest that can be worn underneath a monk's saffron robes and tested to withstand a round from a powerful handgun retails for abound 200 U.S. dollars.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)