- (British English) → salesroom 1Example sentences
- The classic written by Haworth's Charlotte Bronte was sold to a bidder in the saleroom at Sotheby's during a sale of signed books and manuscripts.
- He wanted the library to be dispersed, as it had been assembled, through the saleroom.
- A desperate dearth of top-shelf artworks is having a profound impact on Australia's salerooms.
Definition of saleroom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.