n (pl -lies)
- 1.1 [Mil] misión (f) to make a sally into enemy territory hacer* una incursión en territorio enemigo 1.2 (trip, excursion) [colloquial/familiar] salida (f), escapada (f) 1.3 (verbal) salida (f), agudeza (f)More example sentences
- Michael furiously takes down all the witty sallies and asides, converting the evening into his next gay play, and, hopefully, a success.
- The show was certainly a lively, fast-moving, hilarious affair salted with quick-firing sallies of naval wit and wisdom.
- In response to each new sally of witticism, the Indians would break into uncontrollable fits of merriment.
sally forth(-lies, -lying, -lied)v + adv
- [arch or hum] salir*, hacer* una salida
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.