n (plural -lies)
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] misión (feminine) to make a sally into enemy territory hacer* una incursión en territorio enemigo 1.2 (trip, excursion) [colloquial/familiar] salida (f), escapada (f) 1.3 (verbal) salida (f), agudeza (f)More example sentences
- Michael furiously takes down all the witty sallies and asides, converting the evening into his next gay play, and, hopefully, a success.
- The show was certainly a lively, fast-moving, hilarious affair salted with quick-firing sallies of naval wit and wisdom.
- In response to each new sally of witticism, the Indians would break into uncontrollable fits of merriment.
sally forth(-lies, -lying, -lied)verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio
- [archaic or humorous/arcaico o humorístico] salir*, hacer* una salida
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...