- 1.1 (business) hairdressing salon peluquería (feminine) beauty salon salón (masculine) de bellezaMore example sentences1.2 (gathering) salón (masculine)
More example sentences1.3
- Tutors boast that at the college's Top To Toe hairdressing and beauty training salons, punters get as good a result as in a professional salon - but it might take a bit longer.
- Botox injections, which reduce worry lines and crow's feet, are available from beauty clinics, hairdressing salons and at Botox parties held in homes.
- Before her departure to Spain she ran a successful beauty clinic with her sister Deirdre who ran a hairdressers salon at New Line Road.
( also Salon)(exhibition) salón (m), exposición (f)More example sentences
- Also misleading is the author's claim that Chopin was readily accepted in the Parisian salons as a social equal rather than being merely an entertainer.
- Her daughter conducted a salon that became a gathering place for the writers, artists, and musicians of the Harlem Renaissance.
- But socially he was entirely at home in those Third Republic salons where politicians mixed with aristocrats, diplomats, and writers.
- In their heyday in the 19th century exhibitions like the Salon and the Summer Show were events of great social and artistic importance.
- Naively optimistic and resilient, Manet sought honours in the Salons; Degas was cynically indifferent to public acclaim.
- It was precisely over the course of the Salons of 1833 and 1834 that Ingres emerged as the unambiguous champion of drawing, the very ‘personification of line,’ to adopt the phrase employed by Theophile Gautier.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.