Translation of salsa in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (Music)Example sentences1.2 uncountable and countable (dance)
- Kidjo's style of music varies from Afro-funk, reggae, samba, salsa, gospel, jazz and rumba.
- The concerts have featured internationally renowned bands playing music as diverse as African dance music, ska, jive, salsa and Bhangra.
- Each solo covers one to two pages, and each presents a different Latin feel or groove such as bossa nova, salsa, Latin rock and Latin swing.
- Havana Night combines the traditional culture of Cuba with modern dance like the salsa, rumba, cha cha cha and mambo.
- Two fields away the band is piping up, and a leggy 16-year-old is performing a convincing salsa with her 50-year-old father.
- She came about being a dancer, well she got that from me to I love ballroom dancing especially salsa and ceroc.
- 2 uncountable and countable (Cooking)salsa (feminine) picante de tomateExample sentences
- Offering an incredible mix of chillies and salsas, the ‘Mexican Festival’ gives to its guests a chance to sample nine different variants of salsas, besides catching up with some great Mexican music.
- Rob literally came dancing out of his kitchen with some corn chips and two salsas - one salsa fresca and the other salsa chipotle (hot with smoke dried Jalapeno chillies) and began to explain the cuisine.
- Last time I went shopping for the ingredients for taco soup, I found a brand of salsa (I forget the name) that offered salsas in different flavors, such as roasted garlic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.