Translation of salt lick in Spanish:
- 1.1 (artificial) bloque (masculine) de salExample sentences1.2 (natural) salegar (masculine)
- Should the Forest Service vigorously discourage the use of salt licks outside of Yellowstone (where hunters take potshots at the elk in exchange for a hefty fee to the outfitters who plant the licks to lure the game)?
- The availability of artificial mineral and salt licks may improve the nutritional condition of white-tailed deer, especially if natural licks are absent or uncommon.
- By the twelfth century A.D., landowners distributed salt licks to attract deer, a technique so effective that the emperors subsequently forbade it except on sovereign hunting grounds.
- In Montana's Glacier National Park, mountain goats go below U.S.2 to get to their favorite salt lick along the Flathead River - and avoid the fate that so many other animals meet on the 4 million miles of roads now spiderwebbing the country.
- From personal observation and the popular literature, almost everyone is aware that ungulates and elephants trek to water holes and salt licks, sometimes over substantial distances that imply excellent spatial memory.
- We installed four pairs of cameras along the edge of the river, one pair at a salt lick, and one pair at a spring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to