Translation of salvage in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [goods/valuables] salvar, rescatar the paintings were salvaged from the fire los cuadros fueron rescatados del incendioExample sentences1.2 [pride/self-respect/reputation] salvar, rescatar how can he salvage his career now? ¿cómo va a salvar su carrera ahora?
- The rescue boat attempted to salvage the smaller vessel yesterday.
- A number of attempts were made to salvage the ship but when they failed she was dispersed using explosives.
- Attempts to salvage the ship were hampered by thick fog on Saturday night and the bad weather continued yesterday morning, French coastguards said.
- The threat to Mr Trimble's leadership will be assessed at the launch of a new round of intense talks aimed at salvaging the peace process in Downing Street today.
- But public relations guru Max Clifford said he needs to start a media campaign to help him ‘win friends and influence people’ if he is to stand any chance of salvaging his career.
- He still ‘feels like a Celtic player’ but appreciates there is no prospect of him salvaging his reputation under O'Neill.
- 1.1 (rescue) salvamento (masculine), rescate (masculine), salvataje (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) the salvage of the wreck/cargo el salvamento del naufragio/del cargamento 1.2 (property, goods saved) objetos (masculine plural) salvados the salvage did not amount to much no fue mucho lo que se rescató or se recuperó architectural salvage material (masculine) de derribo 1.3 (compensation) [Finance] [Nautical/Náutica] derecho (masculine) de salvamento
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.