Translation of salvage in Spanish:
- 1 the paintings were salvaged from the firelos cuadros fueron rescatados del incendioExample sentences
- The rescue boat attempted to salvage the smaller vessel yesterday.
- A number of attempts were made to salvage the ship but when they failed she was dispersed using explosives.
- Attempts to salvage the ship were hampered by thick fog on Saturday night and the bad weather continued yesterday morning, French coastguards said.
- The threat to Mr Trimble's leadership will be assessed at the launch of a new round of intense talks aimed at salvaging the peace process in Downing Street today.
- But public relations guru Max Clifford said he needs to start a media campaign to help him ‘win friends and influence people’ if he is to stand any chance of salvaging his career.
- He still ‘feels like a Celtic player’ but appreciates there is no prospect of him salvaging his reputation under O'Neill.
- 1 (rescue) the salvage of the wreck/cargoel salvamento del naufragio/del cargamentoExample sentences
- Smit Marine, which is running salvage operations on both ships, has been both airlifting fuel off the Sagitarius and burning it off.
- The technical details of its salvage are one of the truly great stories of deep-sea salvage operations.
- A salvage operation was underway to find the helicopters' black box flight recorders and weapons.
- 2 (property, goods saved)objetos (masculine plural) salvadosthe salvage did not amount to muchno fue mucho lo que se rescató or se recuperóarchitectural salvageExample sentences
- The salvage included a representative group of the earliest Colombian silver cobs, some dispersed privately, others offered at the Christie's New York auction of June, 1988.
- Only Key West, the last link in the chain, had anything like a town, its fortune based on selling salvage from ships wrecked on the reef that shadows the Keys.
- 3 (compensation) (Finance, Nautical)derecho (masculine) de salvamentoExample sentences
- The reward for such assistance was a generous salvage payment based on the percentage of the value of the saved cargo and boat.
- The Crown or the owner of the property pays this salvage payment, or the finder may receive the property instead of payment.
- If the insurer exercises the option to replace the automobile or pays the actual cash value of the automobile, the salvage, if any, shall vest in the insurer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.