Translation of sanction in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (authorization) autorización (feminine), sanción (feminine) the article was copied without the author's sanction copiaron el artículo sin la autorización del autorExample sentences
- It should be noted that neither Students for Life nor Muslim Students for Universal Justice, have, to my knowledge, demanded approval or official sanction for their principles.
- Her mother had sought court sanction for the operation to stop her daughter's periods and prevent her from getting pregnant.
- They have urged Laois County Council to seek the immediate sanction of the National Roads Authority for the re-commencement of road words at Park, Stradbally.
- 2 countable/numerable(sanctions plural)2.1 (coercive measures) sanciones (feminine plural) to impose sanctions against sb imponer* sanciones contra algn economic/military sanctions sanciones económicas/militares 2.2 (penalty) sanción (feminine)Example sentences2.3 (restraint) freno (masculine)
- It is a way of recovering penalties by a sanction which is the most serious one known to our law.
- A further argument is that if he renounces before the harm is caused, this may show that the threat of the criminal sanction has had a deterrent effect.
- Both bars have also developed a set of sanctions for patrons who disobey the rules.
- The question arises whether the problem can be addressed indirectly through trade sanctions or restrictions to punish countries that refuse to improve environmental standards.
- Legislation permitted magistrates to enforce employment agreements with penal sanctions in the form of imprisonment, fines, and physical punishment.
- Imposing trade sanctions, although officials admit that Iran-Canada trade may not be extensive enough to serve as much of a lever.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.