Translation of sanctity in Spanish:
- 1.1 (inviolability) the sanctity of marriagela inviolabilidad or lo sagrado del vínculo matrimonialExample sentences1.2 (holiness)
- The sanctity of human life has been sidelined as an irrelevance in the Republic as blindly as in any paramilitary murder in the North.
- The sanctity of human life is the closest thing our culture has to a basic value.
- But they all share the Chancellor's belief in the sanctity of work and importance of rewarding those who toil.
- He extolled the virtues of Aranda belief, and disdained the modern world that had replaced traditional sanctities.
- ‘What is going on in Najaf and the rest of the Iraqi cities is a violation of sanctities, an aggression on holy sites and shedding of innocent blood that could lead to a vicious civil war,’ he said.
- Among the very oldest sanctities are the human rites of compulsion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to