- 1.1 (inviolability) inviolabilidad (f) the sanctity of marriage la inviolabilidad or lo sagrado del vínculo matrimonialMore example sentences1.2 (holiness) santidad (f)
More example sentences
- The sanctity of human life has been sidelined as an irrelevance in the Republic as blindly as in any paramilitary murder in the North.
- The sanctity of human life is the closest thing our culture has to a basic value.
- But they all share the Chancellor's belief in the sanctity of work and importance of rewarding those who toil.
- He extolled the virtues of Aranda belief, and disdained the modern world that had replaced traditional sanctities.
- ‘What is going on in Najaf and the rest of the Iraqi cities is a violation of sanctities, an aggression on holy sites and shedding of innocent blood that could lead to a vicious civil war,’ he said.
- Among the very oldest sanctities are the human rites of compulsion.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.