Translation of sand in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable sand-coloredcolor arenaExample sentences1.2 countable (expanse of sand) (often plural) the burning sands of the desert
las ardientes arenas del desiertoto build on sand to run into the sand(s)estancarsethe talks ran into the sand(s)las conversaciones se estancaronthe sands are running out for himExample sentences
- The work could be viewed both from boats cruising the bay and from a deserted beach lined with sand dunes.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Promenade along Atlantic Boulevard provides scenic and easy access to miles of golden sand beaches.
- A perfect view of the ocean stretched out before her, the waves rolling slowly towards the rock and sand of the beach.
- Exactly one month later, the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the £1 million terminal and flew the Swift across the Goodwin Sands himself.
- (make smooth)(wood/furniture)
- If the rust refuses to budge, use a #800 sand paper to sand the metal and repaint.
- Some log furniture is sanded smooth, some are skipped peeled, some have the bark on and some are completely peeled.
- After peeling the bark, the knots where the branches were need to be sanded to a very smooth finish.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.