Translation of sand in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable arena (feminine) sand-colored color arenaExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (expanse of sand) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) arena (feminine) the burning sands of the desert las ardientes arenas del desierto to build on sand hacer* castillos de arena to run into the sand(s) estancarse* the talks ran into the sand(s) las conversaciones se estancaron the sands are running out for him tiene los días contados
- The work could be viewed both from boats cruising the bay and from a deserted beach lined with sand dunes.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Promenade along Atlantic Boulevard provides scenic and easy access to miles of golden sand beaches.
- A perfect view of the ocean stretched out before her, the waves rolling slowly towards the rock and sand of the beach.
- Exactly one month later, the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the £1 million terminal and flew the Swift across the Goodwin Sands himself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the