Translation of sand in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable sand-coloredcolor arenaExample sentences1.2 countable (expanse of sand) (often plural) the burning sands of the desert
to build on sand to run into the sand(s)las ardientes arenas del desiertothe talks ran into the sand(s)estancarsethe sands are running out for himlas conversaciones se estancaronExample sentences
- The work could be viewed both from boats cruising the bay and from a deserted beach lined with sand dunes.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Promenade along Atlantic Boulevard provides scenic and easy access to miles of golden sand beaches.
- A perfect view of the ocean stretched out before her, the waves rolling slowly towards the rock and sand of the beach.
- Exactly one month later, the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the £1 million terminal and flew the Swift across the Goodwin Sands himself.
- (make smooth)(wood/furniture)(floor)Example sentences
- If the rust refuses to budge, use a #800 sand paper to sand the metal and repaint.
- Some log furniture is sanded smooth, some are skipped peeled, some have the bark on and some are completely peeled.
- After peeling the bark, the knots where the branches were need to be sanded to a very smooth finish.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than