- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable arena (feminine) sand-colored color arenaMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (expanse of sand) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) arena (feminine) the burning sands of the desert las ardientes arenas del desierto to build on sand hacer* castillos de arena to run into the sand(s) estancarse* the talks ran into the sand(s) las conversaciones se estancaron the sands are running out for him tiene los días contados
More example sentences
- The work could be viewed both from boats cruising the bay and from a deserted beach lined with sand dunes.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Promenade along Atlantic Boulevard provides scenic and easy access to miles of golden sand beaches.
- A perfect view of the ocean stretched out before her, the waves rolling slowly towards the rock and sand of the beach.
- Exactly one month later, the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the £1 million terminal and flew the Swift across the Goodwin Sands himself.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.