- 1.1 [Military/Militar] zapador, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- This is extremely significant when you consider the reduction of the number of sappers in combat engineer companies.
- Without tackling these issues, we will not see the necessary synergy between several seemingly disparate Army cultures: the sapper, the topographic engineer, and the MP.
- A handful - their numbers are not known - served as bomb disposal sappers, working to disarm the weapons of destruction, not to inflict them on the innocent.
( also Sapper)(in Brit army)[ soldado del cuerpo de ingenieros ]
- In Britain private soldiers in the Royal Engineers are styled sappers, and the term is applied generally to any military engineer - what would in America be termed a combat engineer.
- But for those young sappers - as soldiers of the Royal Engineers are known - there was one big difference.
- Chris, 21, said he was happy to be back in his home town after a long stint in Iraq as a sapper with his Germany-based Royal Engineers unit.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.