Translation of sapphire in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (gem) zafiro (masculine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (color) azul (masculine) zafiro; (before noun/delante del nombre) [eyes/sea/dress] azul zafiro (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable) sapphire blue azul (masculine) zafiro
- Most of them were common gems - rubies, diamonds, onyxes, sapphires, emeralds, topazes, and so on, and were used to supplement Elements and Talents.
- There are no futures markets in diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, rubies, amethysts or any other precious stone because of their ‘unique’ factor.
- Gold, silver, lapis lazuli, rubies, opals, sapphires, emeralds, and many more gems I couldn't name adorned his neck, wrists, hands and ankles.
- By the nineteenth century these glass liners were often made in a beautiful deep sapphire blue that showed through their openwork silver cages.
- She had that amazing, natural-blonde head of hair and deep, sapphire blue eyes.
- A button-up oxford shirt, sapphire blue, meshed well with his eyes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to