- 1 1.1 (on dress) faja (f)More example sentences1.2 (on uniform — around waist) fajín (m); (— over shoulder) banda (f)
- On the bench where we were last sitting was a young man with long black hair, dressed in a tight black robe with a red sash tied around his waist.
- He was dressed in a gorgeous robe with a golden sash tied around his waist and was standing tall and strong.
- Young men in white shirts and red sashes grasped each other round the shoulders to form a ring fifteen feet across.
- 2 (of window) marco (m) (before n) sash window ventana (f) de guillotina sash cord/fastener cuerda (f)/cierre (m) de ventana de guillotinaMore example sentences
- Paint analysis showed that the doors, door frames, and window sashes on the second floor of the addition, long assumed to be painted pine, were actually black walnut.
- They allow the hinge edge of the sash to slide away from the window frame as it opens.
- One thing to note, however, a vinyl window with welded frame and sashes will be stronger and more durable than a cheaper one in which these are mechanically joined.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...