- 1 (on dress)Example sentences
- On the bench where we were last sitting was a young man with long black hair, dressed in a tight black robe with a red sash tied around his waist.
- He was dressed in a gorgeous robe with a golden sash tied around his waist and was standing tall and strong.
- Young men in white shirts and red sashes grasped each other round the shoulders to form a ring fifteen feet across.
- (of window) sash cord/fastenercuerda (feminine) /cierre (masculine) de ventana de guillotinaExample sentences
- Paint analysis showed that the doors, door frames, and window sashes on the second floor of the addition, long assumed to be painted pine, were actually black walnut.
- They allow the hinge edge of the sash to slide away from the window frame as it opens.
- One thing to note, however, a vinyl window with welded frame and sashes will be stronger and more durable than a cheaper one in which these are mechanically joined.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.