Translation of satire in Spanish:
- 1 countable (composition)a satire (
onsomething)una sátira ( deor aalgo)Example sentences
- The film is an incisive satire on religion and British society, with the Church of England hierarchy particularly coming in for a skewering.
- Although set in the future, Owen's play is a satire on our preoccupation with surfaces.
- The play is to be perceived as a satire on big business, which these piddling rogues try to emulate and, in their puny way, supposedly mirror.
- 2 uncountable (genre, mode) with a note of satire in her voicecon un retintín de burla
con un tonillo satíricoExample sentences
- Some pointed out the film's emotional power, others its use of irony and satire to criticize fascism.
- Tan's mild political satire maintains a wry humour that complements the general comic tone.
- Through humour, satire, and a range of experiments with language, the collection offers an oblique commentary on Caribbean society.
- He was a pioneer in various genres including satire, literary criticism, and drama.
- In English literature, satire may be held to have begun with Chaucer, who was followed by many 15th-cent. writers, including Dunbar.
- Like both satire and the sentimental, the uncanny as a literary category has been the subject of significant theoretical work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.