Translation of satire in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (composition) a satire (
onsth) una sátira ( deor aalgo)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (genre, mode) sátira (feminine) with a note of satire in her voice con un retintín de burla, con un tonillo satírico
- The film is an incisive satire on religion and British society, with the Church of England hierarchy particularly coming in for a skewering.
- Although set in the future, Owen's play is a satire on our preoccupation with surfaces.
- The play is to be perceived as a satire on big business, which these piddling rogues try to emulate and, in their puny way, supposedly mirror.
- Some pointed out the film's emotional power, others its use of irony and satire to criticize fascism.
- Tan's mild political satire maintains a wry humour that complements the general comic tone.
- Through humour, satire, and a range of experiments with language, the collection offers an oblique commentary on Caribbean society.
- He was a pioneer in various genres including satire, literary criticism, and drama.
- In English literature, satire may be held to have begun with Chaucer, who was followed by many 15th-cent. writers, including Dunbar.
- Like both satire and the sentimental, the uncanny as a literary category has been the subject of significant theoretical work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to