- 1 1.1 u (accumulation) ahorro (m) saving is difficult nowadays hoy en día es difícil ahorrar 1.2(savings pl)ahorros (mpl) he lost his life savings perdió los ahorros de toda una vida (before n) savings account cuenta (f) de ahorros savings book libreta (f) de ahorros savings ratio tasa (f) de ahorroMore example sentences
- Some who have followed this route have lost not only their redundancy money but their life savings.
- Folks got more and more greedy, throwing their life savings and retirement money into the market.
- Pension holders risk losing their life savings if their employer goes bust, the pensions advisory service has warned.
- 3 u (preservation) conservación (f)