also: (British English) savoury adjective
- 2 (not sweet)(pancake/snack)I like savory things
saladome gusta lo saladoExample sentences
- Leanne imagined thin, crispy crust smothered in sweet yet savory tomato sauce, warm cheese, pepperoni, and succulent mushrooms.
- Maple syrup is no longer relegated to its standard role of sweetening pancakes and waffles; this versatile ingredient adds flavor to both sweet and savory dishes alike.
- In general, most of the salt we consume is not added during cooking or at the table, but comes from processed foods such as bread, cheese, savoury snacks, breakfast cereals and ready-meals.
- (Botany, Cookery)ajedrea (feminine)Example sentences
- Harvest culinary and medicinal herbs like lemon balm, mint, French tarragon, summer savory and basil before they go to seed.
- Together with dill, sorrel and summer savory, parsley was one of the herbs grown in every garden.
- Certain herbs will also grow well in cooler temperatures including cilantro, winter thyme, winter savory & sage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.