adjective/adjetivo ( (British English/inglés británico) savoury)
- 1 (tasty) sabroso
- 2 (not sweet) [pancake/snack] salado I like savory things me gusta lo saladoMore example sentences
- Leanne imagined thin, crispy crust smothered in sweet yet savory tomato sauce, warm cheese, pepperoni, and succulent mushrooms.
- Maple syrup is no longer relegated to its standard role of sweetening pancakes and waffles; this versatile ingredient adds flavor to both sweet and savory dishes alike.
- In general, most of the salt we consume is not added during cooking or at the table, but comes from processed foods such as bread, cheese, savoury snacks, breakfast cereals and ready-meals.
- 3 (wholesome) (usually with negative/generalmente con negativo) limpio his activities don't seem to be very savory sus actividades no parecen ser muy limpias it doesn't make very savory reading no es una lectura muy sana