Translation of scab in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (on wound) costra (feminine), postilla (feminine)Example sentences
- As this mesh dries, it hardens and forms a scab to protect the wound as it heals.
- Women should therefore actively avoid becoming pregnant for at least four weeks after vaccination and until the scab has completely healed and fallen off.
- He has played until his fingers blistered, the blisters burst, the wounds scabbed and the scabs formed calluses.
- 2 countable/numerable (strike breaker) [pejorative/peyorativo] esquirol (masculine and feminine) [pejorative/peyorativo], rompehuelgas (masculine and feminine) [pejorative/peyorativo], carnero, (masculine, feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]Example sentences
- The newspapers, in full swing of yellow journalism, want to see violence in the yards between the scabs and the striking workers, but there is no violence.
- Industrialists struggling against labor unions often exploited the new immigrants, making them scabs during worker strikes.
- The government will say that the ACTU has passed a motion condemning criminal conduct so it should also condemn workers standing on a picket line refusing to let scabs in because that's criminal conduct.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (disease) roña (feminine), sarna (feminine) ([ del ganado ])Example sentences
- The state was also called in to deal with stock disease, especially scab - a major constraint on wool production.
- Copperas was used as an eye ointment during the medieval period, to treat scab in sheep, and later (presumably in small quantities) as a laxative.
- The disappointing turnout was probably due to the regulations which restricted sheep movements in a bid to prevent scab.
- Apple scab is a fungal disease that causes black splotches on leaves and fruit.
- Apple trees are commonly attacked by a fungal disease called apple scab.
- The diseases are apple scab, powdery mildew, and cedar-apple rust.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.