Translation of scaffold in Spanish:
- 1 (Construction)Example sentences
- Then we hit on friends and neighbors to contribute toe board brackets, toe boards, scaffolds, ladders and moral support.
- When setting a plank between ladders as a scaffold, be sure it extends a foot on each side and is clamped or nailed to its support
- Working on roofs, high scaffolds, lift equipment or other areas where you're elevated well above ground level presents an ever-present hazard for professional and homeowner alike.
- 2 (for execution)Example sentences
- They were all angling for a better view of a simple wooden scaffold bearing a lone noose, which dangled in the breeze.
- But whether displayed on a public scaffold in the eighteenth century, or the result of a scientific killing within the confines of a modern prison, the body of the executed criminal remains a vivid and striking symbol of the power of the law.
- He was dangling from a hook, a few feet off a wooden scaffold.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.