- 1.1 [Const] andamio (m)More example sentences1.2 (for execution) patíbulo (m), cadalso (m)
More example sentences
- Then we hit on friends and neighbors to contribute toe board brackets, toe boards, scaffolds, ladders and moral support.
- When setting a plank between ladders as a scaffold, be sure it extends a foot on each side and is clamped or nailed to its support
- Working on roofs, high scaffolds, lift equipment or other areas where you're elevated well above ground level presents an ever-present hazard for professional and homeowner alike.
- They were all angling for a better view of a simple wooden scaffold bearing a lone noose, which dangled in the breeze.
- But whether displayed on a public scaffold in the eighteenth century, or the result of a scientific killing within the confines of a modern prison, the body of the executed criminal remains a vivid and striking symbol of the power of the law.
- He was dangling from a hook, a few feet off a wooden scaffold.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.