- 1.1 [Const] andamio (m)More example sentences1.2 (for execution) patíbulo (m), cadalso (m)
More example sentences
- Then we hit on friends and neighbors to contribute toe board brackets, toe boards, scaffolds, ladders and moral support.
- When setting a plank between ladders as a scaffold, be sure it extends a foot on each side and is clamped or nailed to its support
- Working on roofs, high scaffolds, lift equipment or other areas where you're elevated well above ground level presents an ever-present hazard for professional and homeowner alike.
- They were all angling for a better view of a simple wooden scaffold bearing a lone noose, which dangled in the breeze.
- But whether displayed on a public scaffold in the eighteenth century, or the result of a scientific killing within the confines of a modern prison, the body of the executed criminal remains a vivid and striking symbol of the power of the law.
- He was dangling from a hook, a few feet off a wooden scaffold.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.