Translation of scarce in Spanish:
- escaso squandering their scarce reserves of oil dilapidando sus exiguas or escasas reservas de petróleo to be scarce escasear when food is scarce cuando escasean los alimentos copies of the book were very scarce había muy pocos ejemplares del libro to make oneself scarce esfumarse [colloquial/familiar], desaparecer* del mapa [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- This was compounded by a growing competition for scarce food resources.
- They saw their families and communities through difficult times, when money was scarce and the demands of rural life were very demanding.
- This may be so fundamental to the business that diverting scarce resources and money into longer-term plans would be wrong.
- [literary/literario] apenas I could scarce believe it apenas podía creerlo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.