Translation of scarcely in Spanish:
- 1.1 (barely) apenas I could scarcely understand what he was saying apenas podía entender lo que decía I scarcely know what to answer no sé muy bien qué responder there are scarcely any supplies left apenas (si) quedan provisionesExample sentences1.2 (definitely not) ni mucho menos she's scarcely a pauper no es pobre ni mucho menos, de pobre no tiene nada
- The reaction to it has been overwhelmingly positive with scarcely a critical voice to be heard anywhere.
- Democrats in Boston tacitly acknowledged the potential power of this message as the word ‘liberal’ was scarcely heard all week.
- The argument in favour of local shops is scarcely heard.
- Victory over the bypass was sweet, but plans to streamline planning suggest the fight is scarcely over
- While it certainly addresses that trickiest of topics, it can scarcely be considered a novel, at least in any conventional sense of the term.
- While polling suggests Australians oppose privatisations, they are scarcely new and are seen as facts of life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.