Translation of scarcely in Spanish:
- 1.1 (barely) I could scarcely understand what he was sayingapenas podía entender lo que decíaI scarcely know what to answerno sé muy bien qué responderthere are scarcely any supplies leftapenas (si) quedan provisionesExample sentences1.2 (definitely not) she's scarcely a pauper
no es pobre ni mucho menos
- The reaction to it has been overwhelmingly positive with scarcely a critical voice to be heard anywhere.
- Democrats in Boston tacitly acknowledged the potential power of this message as the word ‘liberal’ was scarcely heard all week.
- The argument in favour of local shops is scarcely heard.
de pobre no tiene nadaExample sentences
- Victory over the bypass was sweet, but plans to streamline planning suggest the fight is scarcely over
- While it certainly addresses that trickiest of topics, it can scarcely be considered a novel, at least in any conventional sense of the term.
- While polling suggests Australians oppose privatisations, they are scarcely new and are seen as facts of life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.