- 1.1 (design) the scheme of the novel/symphony el esquema de la novela/de la sinfonía rhyme scheme rima (f) man's place in the scheme of things el lugar del hombre en el (orden del) universo 1.2 (plan) plan (m); (underhand) ardid (m); (plot) confabulación (f), conspiración (f) a clever scheme to defraud his employers un hábil plan para estafar a sus patronesMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (project) (BrE) plan (m) a savings/pension scheme un plan de ahorro/de pensiones 1.4 (Scot) (housing estate) [colloquial/familiar]complejo de viviendas subvencionadas
- While there may be sound business reasons to focus on clever marketing schemes and building new stadiums, such a focus has come at the expense of the quality of play.
- He always had various practical schemes and engineering ideas he thought could help other countries.
- Franchise masters and headquarters staff are on hand to help new franchisees establish their business, and provide planning advice and marketing schemes.
- I have no ulterior motives, no plots or secret schemes.
- They still thought I had secret plans, evil schemes, and I was at a loss as to how to convince them otherwise.
- With the Filumena caught up in a bootlegging scheme, the plot goes wrong and a constable is murdered, leaving her to hang.
- intrigar*; (plot) conspirar she's always scheming siempre está intrigando, siempre está tramando algo they were scheming against the chairman estaban conspirando contra el presidente, estaban confabulados contra el presidente she was scheming to get his job estaba intrigando or armando intrigas para quedarse con su puestoMore example sentences
- Instead of actors following scripts in a studio, audiences can see people very like themselves plotting and scheming for advantage in any setting imaginable.
- Over the years it has been accused of everything from gross ineptitude and massive corruption to scheming for world domination.
- There is much evidence that these officers spent much of their time scheming for their own political advantage and in hopes of being assigned their own regiments.