Translation of scheme in Spanish:
- 1.1 (design) the scheme of the novel/symphonyel esquema de la novela/de la sinfoníaman's place in the scheme of thingsel lugar del hombre en el (orden del) universo1.2 (plan)(underhand) ardid (masculine)a clever scheme to defraud his employersun hábil plan para estafar a sus patronesExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (project)
- While there may be sound business reasons to focus on clever marketing schemes and building new stadiums, such a focus has come at the expense of the quality of play.
- He always had various practical schemes and engineering ideas he thought could help other countries.
- Franchise masters and headquarters staff are on hand to help new franchisees establish their business, and provide planning advice and marketing schemes.
(British English)a savings/pension scheme
- I have no ulterior motives, no plots or secret schemes.
- They still thought I had secret plans, evil schemes, and I was at a loss as to how to convince them otherwise.
- With the Filumena caught up in a bootlegging scheme, the plot goes wrong and a constable is murdered, leaving her to hang.
plan (masculine)un plan de ahorro/de pensiones1.4 (Scotland) (housing estate) [colloquial](complejo de viviendas subvencionadas)
- (plot) conspirarshe's always schemingsiempre está intrigandothey were scheming against the chairman
siempre está tramando algoestaban conspirando contra el presidenteshe was scheming to get his job
estaban confabulados contra el presidenteestaba intrigando or armando intrigas para quedarse con su puestoExample sentences
- Instead of actors following scripts in a studio, audiences can see people very like themselves plotting and scheming for advantage in any setting imaginable.
- Over the years it has been accused of everything from gross ineptitude and massive corruption to scheming for world domination.
- There is much evidence that these officers spent much of their time scheming for their own political advantage and in hopes of being assigned their own regiments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.