Translation of scheme in Spanish:
- 1.1 (design) See examples: the scheme of the novel/symphonyman's place in the scheme of thingsel esquema de la novela/de la sinfonía1.2 (plan)el lugar del hombre en el (orden del) universo(underhand)a clever scheme to defraud his employersun hábil plan para estafar a sus patronesExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (project)
- While there may be sound business reasons to focus on clever marketing schemes and building new stadiums, such a focus has come at the expense of the quality of play.
- He always had various practical schemes and engineering ideas he thought could help other countries.
- Franchise masters and headquarters staff are on hand to help new franchisees establish their business, and provide planning advice and marketing schemes.
(British English)a savings/pension scheme1.4 (Scotland) (housing estate) [colloquial]un plan de ahorro/de pensiones(complejo de viviendas subvencionadas)
- I have no ulterior motives, no plots or secret schemes.
- They still thought I had secret plans, evil schemes, and I was at a loss as to how to convince them otherwise.
- With the Filumena caught up in a bootlegging scheme, the plot goes wrong and a constable is murdered, leaving her to hang.
- (plot)she's always schemingthey were scheming against the chairmansiempre está intrigandosiempre está tramando algoshe was scheming to get his jobestaban conspirando contra el presidenteestaban confabulados contra el presidenteestaba intrigando or armando intrigas para quedarse con su puestoExample sentences
- Instead of actors following scripts in a studio, audiences can see people very like themselves plotting and scheming for advantage in any setting imaginable.
- Over the years it has been accused of everything from gross ineptitude and massive corruption to scheming for world domination.
- There is much evidence that these officers spent much of their time scheming for their own political advantage and in hopes of being assigned their own regiments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.