Translation of scheme in Spanish:
- 1.1 (design) the scheme of the novel/symphony el esquema de la novela/de la sinfonía man's place in the scheme of things el lugar del hombre en el (orden del) universo 1.2 (plan) plan (masculine); (underhand) ardid (masculine); (plot) confabulación (feminine), conspiración (feminine) a clever scheme to defraud his employers un hábil plan para estafar a sus patronesExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (project) (British English/inglés británico) plan (masculine) a savings/pension scheme un plan de ahorro/de pensiones 1.4 (Scotland/Escocia) (housing estate) [colloquial/familiar][ complejo de viviendas subvencionadas ]
- While there may be sound business reasons to focus on clever marketing schemes and building new stadiums, such a focus has come at the expense of the quality of play.
- He always had various practical schemes and engineering ideas he thought could help other countries.
- Franchise masters and headquarters staff are on hand to help new franchisees establish their business, and provide planning advice and marketing schemes.
- I have no ulterior motives, no plots or secret schemes.
- They still thought I had secret plans, evil schemes, and I was at a loss as to how to convince them otherwise.
- With the Filumena caught up in a bootlegging scheme, the plot goes wrong and a constable is murdered, leaving her to hang.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- intrigar*; (plot) conspirar she's always scheming siempre está intrigando, siempre está tramando algo they were scheming against the chairman estaban conspirando contra el presidente, estaban confabulados contra el presidente she was scheming to get his job estaba intrigando or armando intrigas para quedarse con su puesto
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.