Translation of schmooze in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo(American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar]
- 1 (gossip) chismear [colloquial/familiar], chismorrear [colloquial/familiar], cotillear (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], chismosear (Colombia) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Nearly once a month influence peddlers from different worlds gather to gossip, talk business, and schmooze at his Hollywood Hills home.
- Although this is when most of the pieces sell, to punters lubricated by plentiful glasses of wine (or, in this case, beer), it is also the time when the focus is on being seen and schmoozing rather than seeing what the show has to offer.
- Once on the scene, L.A. officers took control, got the information they needed, and returned to the road as fast as possible, wasting no time schmoozing with the citizenry.
- A lot of people tried to schmooze the director into playing Dracula.
- We saw it was her, took the laptop over, schmoozed her, explained the project we were doing, and she said yes, she'd do it.
- He was schmoozed at dinner parties.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (ingratiate oneself with) hacerle* el artículo a [colloquial/familiar], darle* jabón a (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], hacerle* la barba a (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar], hacerle* la pata a (Chile) [colloquial/familiar] he schmoozeed his way to promotion con labia y zalamerías logró que lo ascendieran
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.