Translation of scholar in Spanish:
- 1 (learned person)erudito, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)a Bible scholar
estudioso, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)un especialista en textos bíblicosArabic scholar Latin scholar Oriental scholar scholars have been unable to agree on a datelos especialistas or estudiosos no se han puesto de acuerdo en la fechaExample sentences
- It required a cadre of scholars specialized in, and devoted to, the study of organizations.
- These scholars first write brief position papers, which are read by the group.
- This much has been known about Portus for generations as scholars have both read what ancient authors wrote about the harbour and explored the surviving remains.
- 2 (holder of scholarship)becario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- He is now a junior and a Point Foundation scholar at Emory University in Atlanta.
- 3 (pupil) [literary]alumno, (-na) (masculine, feminine)
escolar (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- He lived in the imperial capital Beijing from 1523 to 1526 before retiring back to his native city to live the life of a scholar and a gentleman.
- At 14 he returned to being a full-time scholar at Dunbar High School, where he excelled at mathematics, and then at 16 he went back to the millwright's trade.
- In Lacedaemon, pedagogues chastised their scholars by biting their thumb.
- She drew attention to the centre's complementary courses aimed at preparing scholars for university entrance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.