Translation of scissors in Spanish:
- 1 (+ plural verb) a pair of scissorsunas tijeras
una tijeraExample sentences
- Briefly, at a signal, two opponents show each other one of their hands, shaped like a rock, a piece of paper, or a pair of scissors.
- I needed a pair of scissors to finally cut it open.
- Unfortunately, with this type of packaging a pair of scissors or a knife is necessary to forcefully remove the contents.
- 2 (Sport) (+ singular verb) 2.1scissors (jump) (in high jump, skating)Example sentences2.2scissors (hold) (in wrestling) 2.3scissors (kick)
(in football) tijereta (feminine)
- That's where exercises like the scissor cycle come in.
- With a burst of summoned energy, Ryo shot his legs in the air, slamming into Leigh's ankles in a scissor movement.
- The swimmer did a scissors kick with every two arm strokes.
(tiro (masculine) de) tijera (feminine)
chilena (feminine) (Latin America)(in swimming) (patada con movimiento de tijera)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.