Translation of scissors in Spanish:
- 1 (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) tijeras (feminine plural), tijera (feminine) a pair of scissors unas tijeras, una tijeraExample sentences
- Briefly, at a signal, two opponents show each other one of their hands, shaped like a rock, a piece of paper, or a pair of scissors.
- I needed a pair of scissors to finally cut it open.
- Unfortunately, with this type of packaging a pair of scissors or a knife is necessary to forcefully remove the contents.
- 2 [Sport/Deporte] (+ singular verb/+ verbo en singular) 2.1scissors (jump) (in high jump, skating) (salto (masculine) de) tijera (feminine) 2.2scissors (hold) (in wrestling) (llave (feminine) de) tijera (feminine) 2.3scissors (kick) (in football) tijereta (feminine), (tiro (masculine) de) tijera (feminine), chilena (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) (in gymnastics) tijereta (feminine), tijeras (feminine plural) (in swimming) [ patada con movimiento de tijera ]Example sentences
- That's where exercises like the scissor cycle come in.
- With a burst of summoned energy, Ryo shot his legs in the air, slamming into Leigh's ankles in a scissor movement.
- The swimmer did a scissors kick with every two arm strokes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the