- 1 (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) tijeras (fpl), tijera (f) a pair of scissors unas tijeras, una tijeraMore example sentences
- Briefly, at a signal, two opponents show each other one of their hands, shaped like a rock, a piece of paper, or a pair of scissors.
- I needed a pair of scissors to finally cut it open.
- Unfortunately, with this type of packaging a pair of scissors or a knife is necessary to forcefully remove the contents.
- 2 [Sport/Deporte] (+ singular verb/+ verbo en singular) 2.1scissors (jump) (in high jump, skating) (salto (m) de) tijera (f) 2.2scissors (hold) (in wrestling) (llave (f) de) tijera (f) 2.3scissors (kick) (in football) tijereta (f), (tiro (m) de) tijera (f), chilena (f) (Latin America/América Latina) (in gymnastics) tijereta (f), tijeras (fpl) (in swimming) patada con movimiento de tijeraMore example sentences
- That's where exercises like the scissor cycle come in.
- With a burst of summoned energy, Ryo shot his legs in the air, slamming into Leigh's ankles in a scissor movement.
- The swimmer did a scissors kick with every two arm strokes.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an