Translation of scorch in Spanish:
- the sun had scorched the fields/grassel sol había agostado or abrasado los campos/la hierbait was so hot I scorched my tongueestaba tan caliente que me quemé or me abrasé la lenguathe iron scorched her sleevela plancha le chamuscó or le quemó la mangascorched-earth policy(estrategia militar que consiste en arrasar todo lo que puede serle útil al enemigo)Example sentences
- I could feel the heat surrounding me, burning me, scorching my skin, causing me to cry out wordlessly in pain.
- Closely following it was a blast of heat which scorched clothes, ignited buildings and set even the individual blades of grass on fire.
- The bright suns rays touched her sneakers, scorching them with fiery heat.
- I live in an area that was scorched by drought for several years.
- The countryside had been scorched; the acacia hedges were tipped with orange.
- In winter much of it is under snow; in spring grass appears, which is scorched dry and swept by the dust storms of summer.
- 1 (become scorched)(fabric)
- And then my lips, my tongue, were burning, scorching, stinging from the heat.
- I dropped my sword in panic because I thought that my hands would scorch in the flames.
- Stir occasionally for even heating and to prevent scorching.
- 2 (go fast)(person/vehicle)
ir a toda velocidad
ir a todo lo que da or a toda mecha [colloquial]Example sentences
- The Glasgow speedster has fallen from grace almost as fast as the winger scorches down the sidelines.
- This inoffensive-looking car can scorch along at impressive figures, and, as it is based on a chassis with a decent set of dimensions, it has real space for adults in the back.
- He scorched out of traps to set a blistering pace.
- quemadura (feminine) superficial(before noun) scorch markmarca (feminine) de quemadura superficialExample sentences
- Huge black scorch marks marred the surface that would have normally been a shiny metal.
- Is that what this scorch mark is all about then?
- There were no scorch marks, no soiling of any sort.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.