Translation of scroll in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of paper, parchment) rollo (masculine); (award) pergamino (masculine) the Dead Sea Scrolls los rollos or manuscritos del Mar MuertoExample sentences1.2 [Architecture/Arquitectura] voluta (feminine)
- He held out a papyrus scroll, bound with papyrus reeds.
- He reached into his shirt and pulled out a long scroll of paper.
- A few sums scratched on a papyrus scroll would do the trick.
- On its back, he shaped shells and cartouches, or fanciful scrolls, which communicated that this chair was not meant to stiffly line the wall but rather to be moved about for impromptu use.
- The remaining wall is covered with a wallpaper-like series of repeated images in ink, ornamented by scrolls in red and featuring drawings of hanged witches, palmistry and physiognomy studies.
- Acanthus scrolls of identical composition are also found on several decanters.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.