- 1 (implement, impression) sello (masculine) the king's/queen's seal el sello real given under my hand and seal sellado y firmado de mi puño y letra the seal of quality el sello de calidad he gave the plan his seal of approval dio su aprobación al plan it has the prince's seal of approval cuenta con la aprobación del príncipe they put the formal seal on the agreement sellaron formalmente el acuerdo the seal of the confessional el secreto de confesión to set the seal on sth ratificar* algoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The center has tested prototypes for food ecolabels - seals or logos indicating that a product has met a certain set of environmental and/or social standards.
- His seal was embossed on the right side of the bottom margin (difficult to see).
- Each course was listed, dated, signed by Fred and a raised seal was embossed on the page.
- The seals were generally cut from steatite and were carved in intaglio or incised with a copper burin (cutting tool).
- Sometimes the seals were not rings but stamps of other kinds, but if it was a ring worn then it was even more creditworthy as only the wearer could make the seal on the document.
- 2 2.1 (security device) precinto (masculine) 2.2 (airtight closure) cierre (masculine) hermético; (on glass jar) aro (masculine) de goma; (around window) burlete (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The quality of the new seal creates a tighter seal, thus protecting the integrity of the product.
- The molded-in membrane creates a much better seal than anything on the market today.
- Bah, humbug, I say as I scrape the mould off the rubber window seals.
- He replied, handing her a letter with a navy blue wax seal.
- I looked at the inky black lettering once more before I broke the wax seal.
- The seal was usually impressed on red wax, but was occasionally seen imprinted on a wafer stuck to the instrument with soft wax.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [envelope/parcel] cerrar*; (with tape) precintar; (with wax) lacrar sealed with a kiss sellado con un beso my lips are sealed soy una tumba, prometo no decir nada 1.2 [jar/container] cerrar* herméticamente; [tomb/door] precintar seal the wood before applying paint sellar la madera antes de pintar seal the meat before roasting (British English/inglés británico) dorar la carne antes de asarla 1.3 [joint/crack] rellenar
- 2(sealed past participle of/participio pasado de)sealed orders órdenes (feminine plural) secretas a sealed carriage un vagón cerrado
- 3 (affix seal to) [document/treaty] sellar signed, sealed and delivered firmado y sellado
- 4 (decide, determine) [victory/outcome] decidir their fate was sealed su destino estaba escrito
seal inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento conservar
seal offverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 [area/road/building] acordonar; [exit] cerrar* 1.2 [fireplace] condenar, cerrar*
seal upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 [window/door] condenar, cerrar* 1.2 [crack] tapar, rellenar 1.3 [letter/parcel] cerrar*; (with wax) sellar; (with tape) precintar