Translation of seam in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (stitching) your seams aren't straightllevas las medias torcidasto be bursting at the seams (building/suitcase)estar hasta el tope or hasta los topeshis shirt was bursting at the seamsla camisa le quedaba a punto de estallarto come apart at the seams (organization/setup) her skirt was coming apart at the seamsse le estaba descosiendo la faldaExample sentences1.2 (join)
Example sentences1.3 (scar, suture) (Medicine)
- He turned to the foreman and said, ‘The patterns of the side seams on these coats do not match.’
- The flapper dress echoed the flattened forms and straight seams of the Japanese kimono.
- Cut two pieces of terry cloth, each as wide as the chair, plus 1-inch seam allowances.
- Apply the spray to the point of runoff to as many surfaces as possible, especially joints, seams, cracks, ledges, and corners.
- To hide the rough seams, I purchased raw wood moulding from the lumberyard and finished it to match the aged look of the Arquati frame.
- A seam roller is a handy tool that flattens the seams between lengths of wallpaper.
- This more recent house on the Izu Peninsula marks a temporary break with mining the fertile seams of Toyko's quixotic urban geology.
- 2 2.1 (of coal, gold) 2.2 (Geology)Example sentences
- A seam of coal about two feet thick was discovered, but underlying this seam of coal was a seam of clay approximately four feet thick.
- There was a coal seam on his property, a V-shaped trench behind the old homesite where the farm family had dug out chunks for home use.
- There in the bottom of the brook was a seam of amethyst crystals that averaged perhaps to be one half inch thick and a inch long.
- 1.1 (join) 1.2 (mark, line) (usually passive) a face seamed by griefun rostro marcado por el dolorExample sentences
- He was a stocky, dark, hard-countenanced man who had never bothered to have removed the scar that seamed his brow.
- His face was seamed with wrinkles, and he generally dressed as if he were an unmade bed.
- They were moving away from the sea, over flat farmlands seamed with stony riverbeds.
- When straight-stitch seaming, gently stretch the fabric in front of and behind the presser foot as you sew.
- Perfect for traveling due to its wrinkle resistance, tussah is appropriate for garments where shaping is produced by seaming, rather than gathering or pleating.
- Before cutting, review faux fur seaming options and note whether seam allowances will require adjustment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.