Translation of seam in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (stitching) costura (feminine) your seams aren't straight llevas las medias torcidas to be bursting at the seams [building/suitcase] estar* hasta el tope or hasta los topes his shirt was bursting at the seams la camisa le quedaba a punto de estallar to come apart at the seams [organization/setup] venirse* abajo her skirt was coming apart at the seams se le estaba descosiendo la faldaExample sentences1.2 (join) juntura (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (scar, suture) [Medicine/Medicina] sutura (feminine)
- He turned to the foreman and said, ‘The patterns of the side seams on these coats do not match.’
- The flapper dress echoed the flattened forms and straight seams of the Japanese kimono.
- Cut two pieces of terry cloth, each as wide as the chair, plus 1-inch seam allowances.
- Apply the spray to the point of runoff to as many surfaces as possible, especially joints, seams, cracks, ledges, and corners.
- To hide the rough seams, I purchased raw wood moulding from the lumberyard and finished it to match the aged look of the Arquati frame.
- A seam roller is a handy tool that flattens the seams between lengths of wallpaper.
- This more recent house on the Izu Peninsula marks a temporary break with mining the fertile seams of Toyko's quixotic urban geology.
- 2 2.1 (of coal, gold) veta (feminine), filón (masculine) 2.2 [Geology/Geología] grieta (feminine)Example sentences
- A seam of coal about two feet thick was discovered, but underlying this seam of coal was a seam of clay approximately four feet thick.
- There was a coal seam on his property, a V-shaped trench behind the old homesite where the farm family had dug out chunks for home use.
- There in the bottom of the brook was a seam of amethyst crystals that averaged perhaps to be one half inch thick and a inch long.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (join) coser 1.2 (mark, line) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) a face seamed by grief un rostro marcado por el dolor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.