n (pl -men /-mən/)
- (sailor) marinero (m); (officer) marino (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- But the former merchant seaman is not your average bum.
- The Yorkshire man was a former merchant navy seaman.
- ‘Make a goal and go for it’ was a motto that stuck with the former deck seaman.
- All crew members, from captain to seaman recruit, eat the same food - but on different days.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.