Translation of seaman in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -men /-mən/)
- (sailor) marinero (masculine); (officer) marino (masculine)Example sentences
- But the former merchant seaman is not your average bum.
- The Yorkshire man was a former merchant navy seaman.
- ‘Make a goal and go for it’ was a motto that stuck with the former deck seaman.
- All crew members, from captain to seaman recruit, eat the same food - but on different days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.