Translation of sear in Spanish:
- 1 (meat)(Cooking) (dorar rápidamente a fuego muy vivo)(wound)(Medicine)
- Even though the sun was near the horizon, it still sent out waves of intense heat that seared the ground until it was bone dry.
- But the effect of her forgetfulness was that her successor, Stephen Lander, took the heat of some searing criticism for decisions for which he had no responsibility.
- How will those hardy minions survive the summer blasts of arctic air conditioning in between the bouts of broiling street heat beneath searing serge?
- This cooking method allows small pieces of food to be seared and cooked very superficially, thus retaining their texture and flavour.
- He offers this simple tenderloin - quickly sautéed to sear the outside but not melt the marbling inside - for a special holiday meal.
- The unique characteristic of this charcoal is that it can heat up to a very high temperature, which helps sear the meat and lock in its juice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.