Translation of sear in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [flesh/arm] quemar, chamuscar* [meat] [Cookery/Cocina] [ dorar rápidamente a fuego muy vivo ] [wound] [Medicine/Medicina] cauterizar*Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (wither) [heat] secar*, achicharrar, abrasar; [frost/wind] secar*
- Even though the sun was near the horizon, it still sent out waves of intense heat that seared the ground until it was bone dry.
- But the effect of her forgetfulness was that her successor, Stephen Lander, took the heat of some searing criticism for decisions for which he had no responsibility.
- How will those hardy minions survive the summer blasts of arctic air conditioning in between the bouts of broiling street heat beneath searing serge?
Example sentences1.3 (mark, scar) marcar*
- This cooking method allows small pieces of food to be seared and cooked very superficially, thus retaining their texture and flavour.
- He offers this simple tenderloin - quickly sautéed to sear the outside but not melt the marbling inside - for a special holiday meal.
- The unique characteristic of this charcoal is that it can heat up to a very high temperature, which helps sear the meat and lock in its juice.
- Scattered along fertile valleys, between sands and snows, most Afghan people farm land which is seared by 40 Centigrade summers, and is snowbound by the long, cold winters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.